Back to List

Fettes College

Door open days


Fettes College, founded in 1870, was built using an endowment left by Sir William Fettes specifically for this purpose. Designed by the architect David Bryce, and completed in 1873 this magnificent building is a cross between a Loire chateau and a Scots Baronial mansion. Of particular note are the Callover Hall, the Library (formerly the Dining Hall), and on the first floor the Chapel and the Old Library. The building forms the centrepiece of an extensive 90-acre campus.

Key Information

Architect: David Bryce

Building Date: 1870-73


Where to find us

  • 2 Carrington Road
  • Edinburgh
  • EH4 1QZ