28 September 2019 (10:00 - 16:00)
Built c. 1587, The Dower House sits in the corner of St Margaret?s Park. It is thought to have been built with stones from Corstorphine Castle. The building?s alternative name, Gibsone?s Lodge, comes from the Gibsone of Pentland family who lived there in the 18th century. The building has characteristic Scottish crow-stepped gables and scrolled skew puts. The exterior is harled and lime washed and shows signs of alteration over the years with both gable ends probably having been built at different times. There is a small but well stocked museum, archive room and coffee shop.