Dolphin House is a listed building in Hunter Square, Edinburgh. It was designed and built in 1788-1790 by John Baxter Junior as the Merchant Company Hall. It has previously been used, among other things, as a bank and a bed shop and had fallen into serious disrepair until it was redeveloped in 1994 by the EDI Group. The Architects for the refurbishment were Gray Marshall and the building now houses EDI's head office. The first floor is double height with a beautiful carved wooden fireplace. In addition to the building itself a number of models of other EDI schemes will be on display on the second floor which was recently remodelled by Lee Boyd.
Architect: John Baxter jnr
Building Date: 1788-90