A Roman Catholic Church that is served by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It is situated close to the city centre midway between the Grassmarket and Tollcross, the edge of the Old Town.
The architect was the Jesuit priest Fr. Richard Vaughn SJ and the church was founded in 1859. Over the years, the church was restored and renovated on numerous occasions. In 1907 the organ was installed and modified in 1963 and 1974. From 1963-1990 alterations were made to make the church more compatible with the requirements of the post-Vatican ll era.
Category A listed it is neoclassical in design.
Architect: Richard Vaughan
Building Date: 1860