The Assembly Hall was designed by David Bryce and built in 1858-9. The United Free Church of Scotland united in 1929 and the Hall has been the site of the Kirk’s General Assembly since then. Overlooking the Moderator’s chair, the centre of the south gallery was adapted as the ‘Throne Gallery’ for the Lord High Commissioner. The Scottish Parliament met in the Hall while its Holyrood building was being constructed.
Architect: David Bryce
Building Date: 1858-9