29 September 2018 (10:00-16:00)
Christ Church (Scottish Episcopal Church) circa 1876, was one of the churches built to service the growing population of South Edinburgh in the 19th century. It is French Gothic, the apse with its gables and flying buttresses face onto the road while the main entrance is beneath the tower. There are original murals in the chancel and nave roof. There is also extensive stained glass by Ballentine and the east window is by A E Borthwick.
Building Date: 1876
Activities: View vestments worn by Priests and Deacons and the silverware used for holy communion, along with tours of the church. Children’s’ activities available in the church center and rectory garden between 12 and 2pm. A display of the archives showing Christ Church’s role in the first world war, a musical recital over lunchtime.
Limited wheelchair access