Constructed in just a few weeks in 1922 as Edinburgh’s Industrial Exhibition Hall, the building played host to many large national shows in the 1920s, including the Scottish Motor Show and Edinburgh’s Christmas Fun Fair. The building became a bus garage in 1926 and was extended in 1933 and 1963 to accommodate the ever expanding fleet of buses.
Architect: G M Holmes, E J MacRae
Building Date: 1922-34
guided tours, information leaflets/notes, behind the scenes access, childrens activities, visual displays, stewards/volunteers at key points, video/audio presentations.
Limited wheelchair access.
Image © www.scran.ac.uk (Historic image from 1960 of the bus depot interior).