These two churches frame the historic space known locally as “The Causey”. Buccleuch and Greyfriars, C listed and dating from 1856, dominates the area with its towering steeple. By J, WH & JM Hay, who also built Augustines on George IV Bridge. Chapel of Ease (Graveyard): B-listed and built in 1755-6 as an overflow for St Cuthbert’s, Lothian Road. Its tranquil secret graveyard houses several significant graves plus the unmarked grave of Deacon Brodie.