Search
Search
Back to List

Buccleuch And Greyfriars Free Church Of Scotland And Chapel Of Ease

Door open days

Edinburgh

These two churches frame the historic space known locally as ‘The Causey’. Buccleuch and Greyfriars, category C listed and dating from 1856, dominates the area with its towering steeple. By J., W.H. and J.M. Hay, who also built Augustines 
on George IV Bridge. Chapel of  Ease (Graveyard): category B listed and built in 1755-6 as an overflow for St Cuthbert’s Lothian Road. Its tranquil secret graveyard houses several significant graves plus the unmarked grave of Deacon Brodie
 
www.thecausey.org
Facilities

Key Information

Where to find us

Address
  • 10 WEST CROSS CAUSEWAY
  • Edinburgh
  • EH8 9JP