Although the school has been in existence since 1904, the building on Viewforth opened in 1913 to replace the first, smaller Boroughmuir on Bruntsfield Links. It is an inspiring grand building which was seen as cutting edge design internationally when it opened. This building is to be closed in 2016 when Boroughmuir will relocate to a new school at Fountainbridge. Boroughmuir was the Sunday Times Scottish State School of the Year 2012.
Information leaflets/notes, re-enactments/performances, visual displays, architectural models, stewards/ volunteers at key points, musical recitals.