Designed in 1883 by the architect AG Sydney Mitchell for John Ritchie Findlay, the editor of The Scotsman newspaper. The interior is richly decorated in a Franco-Italian style and was sensitively refurbished and modernised in 2011 by the B+B Collection. It is category A listed and features a spectacular galleried Library and views over the Dean Village.
Architect: AG Sydney Mitchell
Building Date: 1883
Information leaflets/notes, behind the scenes access, visual displays, stewards/volunteers at key points.
Limited wheelchair access.