Search
Search
Back to List

Bartholomew House

Door open days

Edinburgh

Built by Dr John George Bartholomew as the Edinburgh Geographical Institute (H Ramsay Taylor) in 1911 but incorporating the Palladian portico (1824) from Falcon Hall in Morningside which had been the former Bartholomew family residence. Converted into a townhouse and 4 flats in 1997 by the Burrell Company. Access only to main hall, an imposing top-lit double-height space with gallery supported on coupled Corinthian columns. Numbers inside limited at any one time: be prepared to queue.

Key Information

Architect: H Ramsay Taylor

Building Date: 1911

Where to find us

Address
  • Duncan Street
  • Edinburgh
  • EH9 1SZ