Back to List

Bank of Scotland

Door open days


Roman Baroque head office, substantially by David Bryce from 1863, replacing sedate Adam-style villa of 1801 by Robert Reid and Richard Crichton. Magnificent views from the banking hall and upper floors to the New Town and Fife. Small Museum tells the Bank?s story from the 17C to the present day, including exhibits of old Scottish banknotes, forgeries, Scottish coins and a 17C bullion chest.

Key Information

Architect: David Bryce

Building Date: 1863

Where to find us

  • The Mound
  • Edinburgh
  • EH1 2LN