Search
Search
Back to List

Alien Rock

Door open days

Edinburgh

Built in 1852 for the Newhaven fishing community and serving as a Free Church of Scotland the tower and spire were added in 1882. Given a new lease of life in April 1994 the building was turned into Scotland’s first dedicated indoor climbing wall. By making use of a free standing structure, the architect succeeded 
in meeting the needs of the current owner without interfering with the structure of the building itself.
 
www.alienrock.co.uk
Facilities

Key Information

Building Date: 19C

Where to find us

Address
  • 8 Pier Place
  • Granton
  • Edinburgh
  • EH6 4LP