The building was A listed in January 1966 and described as the grandest surviving original domestic façade on George Street. It was built by James Nisbet, circa 1790, for his own use. There were subsequent alterations to the ground floor by Knox and Hutton in 1883 but in 1978-80 the ground floor was reinstated by Covell Matthews Partnership to as near as possible the original design.
Architect: James Nisbet
Building Date: c. 1790
Information leaflets/notes, visual displays, stewards/volunteers at key points, video/audio presentations.