This 4 bedroom house was built in 1959 by McTaggart and Meikle. It has been retro-fitted to improve its energy efficiency. In addition to cavity wall insulation and deep cover in the loft, there are both hot water and electricity generating panels on the south facing roof. A wood burning stove makes it possible to keep warm without using fossil fuel. Graphs showing electricity and gas use for recent years will be available. The owner is a member of Transition Edinburgh Pentlands and the Edinburgh Sustainable Development Partnership.
ACTIVITIES: information leaflets/notes.
Limited disabled access.