McArthur’s Store, or Spott’s Girnell (granary) as it was first known, was first recorded in 1658 located on a spur of rock within the eastern harbour of Dunbar that had been established a few years earlier under Oliver Cromwell. Early charters described the property as the “white herring house with girnell” with its close, yards, and falls, with “full sea in all places”. The building is one of the oldest continuously used harbour buildings in Scotland.MacArthur's Store is a 17th century warehouse situated on the quayside of the old Cromwell Harbour in Dunbar. The Dunbar harbour Trust has managed its restoration over the past two years as fishermen's stores and to provide an office and meeting place for the Trust.
Building Date: c 1600
Limited wheelchair access.