29 September 2018 (12 pm to 4 pm)
30 September 2018 (2 pm to 4 pm)
This church was built to replace the Old Kirk and remains remarkably unaltered. It is of plain form and was designed by P Macgregor Chalmers. It consists of a nave with low north aisle and eastern apse and mostly round-arched, Romanesque windows.
The interior remains equally intact, with bare stone walls and open wooden roofs over the nave and aisle; the apse has a plastered ceiling. The furnishings - plain pews and round stone font - are entirely contemporary with the building, as are the three stained glass windows, which were designed by Stephen Adam & Son of Glasgow. The fine west window was restored a few years ago. On an aisle column, window jamb and door lintel are carved phrases and beatitudes.
A wrought iron stand near the south door holds a bell, dated 1838, which used to hang in the bellcote of the Old Kirk.
Architect: P Macgregor Chalmers
Building Date: 1904