23 September 2017 (10.30 am to 3.30 pm)
24 September 2017 (1 pm to 3.30 pm)
This church was designed by Peddie & Kinnear in Early French Gothic style and replaced a plain 18th century building. In 1902 Scots late Gothic transepts and a pine and marble sanctuary with an elaborate pulpit by A G Sydney Mitchell & Wilson, who had also designed Greenfield for David Thomson, were added; David Thomson and his brother John Thomson Paton paid for this work. The north window is in memory of their parents, while the west and east transept windows were given by the Procters, another branch of the Paton family. All three windows are by C E Kempe.
The 1904 pipe organ by Messrs Lewis and Co was also given by the Thomsons. The adjacent church hall was designed by the Alloa architect Adam Frame in 1891.
The interior was altered several years ago: the original pews were removed, the marble altar moved to the west transept and the walls and roof painted. Memorials and other fittings from the former North Church have been incorporated into the modernised church.
Architect: Peddie & Kinnear
Building Date: 1863-4, 1902-4
Visitors are welcome to attend the service on Sunday at 10.30 am.
Guided tours are available on request