St. Michael and All Angels' Church was designed by Sir Rowan Anderson, a pupil of Sir Gilbert Scott, and dedicated in 1868, its dedication recalling the ruined medieval chapel at Faslane also dedicated to St. Michael. It replaced an earlier episcopalian church on the same site.
Red sandstone from Comcockle in Dumfriesshire was used for the exterior with limestone from Caen in Normandy for internal construction. The church contains many interesting features including one of the finest collections of Victorian stained glass in the west of Scotland. It is the only public building in Helensburgh to be listed grade A.
Architect: Sir Rowan Anderson
Building Date: 1868