23 September 2017 (10am - 4pm Tours on the hour)
Ardenvohr is a large and well-detailed example of a grand mid 19th century baronial villa. It was built by local architect Thomas Gildard for Daniel Walkinshaw in 1857. It later became the estate of the Muir family. It was acquired by the Royal Northern Yacht Club as its clubhouse in 1937 and remains the headquarters of the Royal Northern and Clyde Yacht Club formed by the merger of the Royal Northern and Royal Clyde Yacht Clubs in 1978.
Much of the internal architectural details remain and many historic club artefacts are displayed in the grand rooms. Externally the grounds and club jetty provide wonderful views of the Gareloch
Architect: Thomas Gildard
Building Date: 1857