Helensburgh Parish Church is located in Colquhoun Square in the centre of Helensburgh.
The present building was erected in 1853 at a cost of £4,500 to serve an increasing population. The architect was James Hay, Liverpool, to a design which won prizes at the Great Exhibition of 1851. The interior has been reordered several times, most notably after a disastrous fire in 1924 which left only the walls standing. The rebuilding provided a church with an ‘Arts & Crafts’ feel, and this, with some later alterations, is what we have today—a comfortable building, well suited to the worship of God and the contemplation of his beauty, as well as providing an adaptable performance venue.
Of the stained glass windows there is one dedicated to Andrew Bonar Law and his Wife Annie, and another to John Logie Baird, all are well worth viewing.
Architect: James Hay
Building Date: 1853