Helensburgh�s former Clyde Street School was transformed into a stateof-the-art facility on behalf of Argyll and Bute Council. The Clyde Street School building was designed in 1903 by Helensburgh architect and artist Alexander Nisbet Paterson, and was built in a Scottish Revival style with 17th century Renaissance details.
The challenge of the construction project was to seamlessly combine the old B-listed building with the new. Works completed in June 2015, incorporate alterations to the annexe building and janitor's house, a new extension (designed by council architects), construction of a new sea wall at the rear of the site, installation of new car parking facilities and landscaped grounds.
A range of new community spaces, both inside and out, are now available for use - including a marriage room, gallery space and conference facilities.
Architect: A N Paterson