23 September 2017 (10am - 5pm)
24 September 2017 (1pm - 5pm)
A medieval church existed in Cardross since 1226 and in 1329 the body of Robert the Bruce was brought there, before its burial in Dunfermline Abbey. A new church was built in 1644 and replaced in 1827 by the church which destroyed by a bomb in May 1941. After the war the present building opened in 1872 as a Free Church was adapted and became Cardross Parish Church.
Come and enjoy our stained and etched glass windows – Hannah Frew Paterson’s beautiful Cardross Embroidered Panels and Sarah Sumsion Silk Hangings. Visit the Bible Garden in the Church Hall grounds and the Easter garden planted and cared for by the Messy Church families. Add a short prayer to the Prayer Cairn. Children of all ages will enjoy following the Church Trail to find other hidden parts of our church’s life and history. You will even have the opportunity to plant a spring bulb.
Architect: John Burnet Senior
Building Date: 1871-72