15 September 2018 (10am - 4:30pm)
Dating from 1790, the building contains the town clock. In 1894 tower was heightened and the clock was raised to its present position at the top of the square sandstone tower. Above the doorway is a large barometer, dated 1852, used by the local fishermen. The Clock Tower was also the site of one of the many public water supplies in the 19th Century. The Tower fell in to disrepair but a major refurbishment in 2015, which gained the annual Conservation Award from the Aberdeen Society of Architects, has led its re-opening as a tourist attraction.
Architect: Unknown, Architecture Dutch in style.
Building Date: 1790 with addition in 1894
The Clock Tower will not be staffed on Doors Open Day.