Fraserburgh�s baroque-style Town House was built in 1853�1855 and housed the town's council chamber. The building is owned by Aberdeenshire Council and houses a number of Council departments. Enter the building through the impressive Corinthian rotunda entrance, underneath the statue of the Lord Saltoun on the corner of Saltoun Square and continue upstairs to take a look at the Chamber. The Chamber is generally closed to the public but can be hired for special occasions such as wedding ceremonies . A number of important paintings are displayed in the Chambers, including two by artist A John Shirreffs of Sir Alexander Anderson, Baron Bailie of Fraserburgh (1872-1887) and John Park, Chief Magistrate and Provost of Fraserburgh (1893-1896).
Architect: Thomas Mackenzie
Building Date: 1853
Further events in the Chamber on Doors Open Day, to be confirmed.