Arbuthnott Hall is a traditional sandstone parish Hall. Built in 1908 by public subscription on land gifted to the community by the Arbuthnott Estate to give the people of the community a place to meet for recreation and education and social events. It continues to be used for that purpose. It has a stained-glass window gifted to the community by the daughter of the Scottish writer Lewis Grassic Gibbon to mark the centenary of his birth in 2001.� Although the hall has been totally refurbished over the years it still maintains its original character.
The Grassic Gibbon Centre was built by the community as an addition to the Hall to commemorate Lewis Grassic Gibbon and his life and work. Building the Centre also helped upgrade the kitchen and toilet facilities of the Hall. It was funded in part by the Scottish Tourist Board, the local authority and the community. It contains an exhibition on LGG, a caf�, gift shop and post office.� The interior of the Centre is in pine as is the ceiling of Arbuthnott Hall.
The Centre is run as a self-financing social enterprise and celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. There is a play park out-side which families use when visiting the Centre.
There is a children's play park located outside the centre for visitors to make use of.