Search
Search

Places

South Lanarkshire 

 This year's programme is coordinated by the Scottish Civic Trust in partnership with South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture.

*programme correction*

Hamilton Mausoleum is open on SUNDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER not Saturday 29th September

*Additions to the programme (not included in the print brochure)*

St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Hamilton: Please find details here.

Pettinain Church: Please find details here.

Bothwell Parish Church: please find details here.

Cadzow Parish Church, Hamilton: please find details here.

Hamilton Old Parish Church: please find details here.

St Andrew's Parish Church, Carluke: please find details here

South Lanarkshire

St Andrew's Parish Church

Date 1: 29/09/2018
Date 2: 01/01/0001
Tags:

29 September 2018

Built in 1799 to a Henry Bell design with porch and apse added around 1890.  Features organ by H Willis and Sons (1903), stained glass window by Gordon McWhirter Webster (1932) and pulpit fall and companion communion table runner by Marilyn E W McGregor DA (1999).  Memorial garden, the Garden of Hope (2001).  Incorporates two features from the pre-reformation building it replaced, the tower of which remains as a monument at the foot of the town.Within the church are an organ made by H Willis and Sons and installed in 1903, stained glass windows, including one made by Gordon McWhirter Webster in 1932, and a pulpit fall and companion communion table runner by Marilyn E W McGregor DA (1999). A Memorial garden, the Garden of Hope, was completed in 2001.The church building incorporates two features from the building it replaced - an arch inside the porch and a window with slender fluted pillars in the front of the tower. 

Search Filters

Area Coordinator