Search
Search

Places

East Renfrewshire

*ADDITION TO PROGRAMME*

Eaglesham Parish Church and The Carswell Centre have been added to the programme. They will be open on Saturday 16th September.  The venue doesn't appear on the printed brochure, but all listing information can be found on their entry on the website here.

 

 

East Renfrewshire

Neilston Parish Church

9 September 2017

It is known that there was a chapel in Neilston Parish around 1165 at the time of the building of Paisley Priory (now Paisley Abbey). It is believed that the monks from Paisley Abbey conducted worship in Neilston. A settled ministry was established in 1589 and this has continued unbroken to the present day. The current building dates from 1760 and is an excellent example of 18th century Scottish ecclesiastical architecture. With nearly £1million spent on its restoration, the new renovated church opened in 2004 and is well worth visiting. It is noted for its 15th century window. The church halls are also of interest, having formerly been the Neilston Free Church, designed by respected Glasgow architect James Sellars.

Search Filters

Area Coordinator