Blackburn House was built in 1772 by George Moncrieff, a merchant who had made his fortune in the West Indies. Two hundred years later it fell derelict, and remained that way for over 25 years. Thanks to the Scottish Historic Buildings Trust, it has been restored and brought back into use.
It won the Georgian Group’s best Restoration of a Georgian Country House Award in 2008.
Architect: Unknown - Simpson and Brown restorers 2008
Building Date: 1772