Date 1: 28/09/2019
Date 2: 01/01/0001
Weekend 5 (28-29 September)
28 September 2019
Chalmers Church, opened in 1839, was the first ecclesiastical building opened in Morningside.
Decommissioned by the Church of Scotland in 1990 it was purchased by Napier University and used as a performing arts centre.
It is now owned by a thriving independent church, sharing the facilities with Napier University.
The building provides a space for meetings, concerts, plays and a youth club, as well as Sunday services, and has excellent stained glass windows, several by James Ballantine and Son.